As I’ve been working hard lately on all my books I’ve decided that now might be the time to chillax a little and by chillax I mean do other writing to keep my mind active but some short sprint pieces that don’t take an age to write and edit lol and since having some ideas I have come across some awesome competitions that I thought I would share with you all. 🙂
- The kindle storyteller UK 2017 – A competition through Amazon’s KDP (kindle direct publishing). You have until the 19th May 2017 and the prize is £20,000!!! It’s called the ‘The kindle UK storyteller award’ open to people aged 18 and over who use KDP to publish their book and put it in the kindle select programme. Must be 5,000 words or more, no upper word limit. And be previously unpublished work. You must also add the exact phrase of ‘StorytellerUK2017’ in the keywords metadata field section when you enrol the title.
- Mslexia magazines womens poetry competition – 1st prize £2,000, 2nd prize £400, 3rd prize £200 and a special prize for the best poem by an unpublished women poet £500. Please check out their site for their full terms and conditions and fees at http://www.mslexia.co.uk/poetry (must add mslexia is for women only). Closing date – 19th June 2017.
- Mslexia magazines pamphlet competition – 1st prize is a publication of the pamphlet of poems by Seren books. Closing date – 19th June 2017. For all their terms and conditions and fees go to their site at http://www.mslexia.co.uk/pamphlet.
- Park publications article competition – closes 31st August 2017. Article should be between 1000- 1500 words. The theme is ‘My writing day’. Fee £3. Prizes 1st prize £50, 2nd prize £25, 3rd prize £15. For all details go to http://www.parkpublications.co.uk.
- H.G.Wells short story competition – Theme is ‘light in its broadest interpretation’. There are 2 categories; authors 21years and below with a prize of £1000 entry is free. Authors aged 22years and over with a prize of £250, entry is £10 or £5 with student ID. Closing date is 16th July 2017. For more details go to https://hgwellscompetition.com.
- Writers forum magazine competition – 3 great prizes in every issue. 1st prize £300, 2nd prize £150 and 3rd prize £100. Short stories in most genres but must be entertaining. Must be between 1,000 and 3,000 words. For all terms and conditions visit their magazine or website at http://www.writers-forum.com.
Why not check them out and have a go.